**This post contains affiliate links of our favorite things. At no additional cost to you, thank you for supporting The Busy Mom!**
What you need
- 1 lb ground beef (I have also used cut up leftovers from a beef roast)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2-3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups beef broth (again, I use this from leftover beef roast. If you don’t have that, my favorite is Knorr homestyle concentrated stock)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 cup shell pasta
What to do:
- Brown hamburger in a skillet. Mince garlic and dice onion and add those into the hamburger. Cook until hamburger is browned. (If you’re using leftovers, you get to skip this part with the hamburger).
- Add all ingredients to crockpot, except pasta.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours, adding in pasta for the last 20 minutes and cooking on high.
- Note: if you like a “soupier” soup, you can add more broth.
Our whole family loves this soup! I serve it with my as-good-as-Olive-Garden breadsticks.