Bias in the media is everywhere in the culture—even in Christian publications. More often than not, misleading headlines betray the facts in order to manipulate public opinion. This is especially true with our kids. How do we fight back? We teach our kids how to spot a counterfeit so that they will know how to find truth. Dr. Kathy Koch, frequent guest of the HSJ podcast joins me today to educate and encourage parents regarding cultivating discernment in their kids.
Join us at MomStrong International! We have two memberships: Scripture Writing Membership and Bible Study Membership.
Meet The Guest
Bio: Dr. Kathy Koch (pronounced “Cook”) is an engaging and thought-provoking encourager. Her audiences include parents, children, teens, mental health professionals, pro-life advocates, faith leaders, teachers, and women at events for Teach Them Diligently, Care Net, Summit Ministries, the Colson Center, and others. She loves sharing relevant, practical golden nuggets that can be easily and successfully used for these groups and churches, schools, and the conferences Celebrate Kids produces under their conference division, Ignite the Family. When not traveling, Dr. Kathy can be found tirelessly writing books (5 books are published, one is on the way, and she has started her next one), blogging, podcasting, and listening to God’s guidance about what’s next. Dr. Kathy earned a Ph.D. in reading and educational psychology from Purdue University. More information is available at www.celebratekids.com.
Links to resources mentioned in podcast and other important links
- ‘Brainy Bunch’: Parents Homeschool Their 10 Kids With All of Them Graduating High School at 12
- An alarming shift in public opinion | WORLD
- Watch the podcast on YouTube | Rumble
All Things Heidi
- Heidi’s Bookshelf
- Send in a voice message to the podcast (please let me know if you DO NOT want me to air the audio on air)
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John.
- Subscribed to my newsletter and podcast emails!
- Everywhere you can find me online.
- Shop my Store
- See all events here
- MomStrong International
- Sample Bible Study Week and Cursive Copywork.
- To see the Manuscript of the Copywork and the Scripture Writing schedule, sign up at MomStrong International for a FREE account to gain access!
- Bible Study kicks off the first Monday of each month.
- Scripture Writing kicks off the first day of every month.
- Speaking Requests
- Submit your questions to MailBox Monday
- Essential Oils
- Shop my Amazon Store
- My Books: Becoming MomStrong | MomStrong Bible Study | Prayers for the Battlefield | Bible Promises for Moms | Becoming MomStrong Journal
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John, Inc.
- To give a tax deductible donation with an end of year statement, click here and give to our broader Firmly Planted Family Ministry site.
- You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Write to Heidi:
Heidi St. John
c/o Firmly Planted Family
11100 NE 34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Support this ministry by donating through E-giving. You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Join us at MomStrong International for our newest Bible Study and Scripture Writing!