Breakfast is my favorite meal, and I have always loved pancakes with whipping cream and berries. Over the past four years, we have significantly changed the way we eat. With food sensitivities in our family, and with my slow thyroid, we have to be careful to get the right foods into our diets, and avoid consuming too many carbs. When I found this recipe, I was so excited because it meant that I could enjoy a meal I had always loved, with just a little twist on the ingredients. I have added my own little flare to it because I just can’t resist playing around with recipes to make them a little more personally enjoyable. These pancakes fit the criteria for our family in every way. They are gluten free, they taste good, they are appealing to the eye, they are light like a crepe, they have an excellent protein to carb ratio, and they are filling and satisfying.
- Topping -
- Mixed berries pre-heated on stove
- Whipping cream sweetened with stevia
- Pancakes -
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
- dash of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- Dash of Himalayan Salt
- To your blender, add the oats and blend into powder
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
- Spray a pre-heated griddle with coconut oil spray and add medium size circles of pancake batter. Usually six to eight pancakes will fit on a griddle. When batter bubbles, it's time to flip them. After cooking on second side, remove from griddle, top with berries and whipping cream and enjoy! Remember to spray the griddle with coconut oil spray in between batches.
We serve with mixed berries lightly sweetened with stevia, and we flavor the whipping cream with a dash of vanilla and stevia.
- To keep the carbs low, limit the amount of whipping cream you top your berries and pancakes with
- For our family of seven, I triple the batch, use half of it, and refrigerate the rest for a second meal later in the week.
A healthy lifestyle is an important aspect to taking care of your body. God has only given us one body to house us while we are on this earth, and it matters greatly, how we care for it.
Caring for your body and feeding it well doesn’t mean you can only eat things you don’t like because they are good for you. God created food and intended it to be pleasurable as well. He is the creator of the taste bud, after all! Researching new, healthy, recipes is one of my favorite past times and I have discovered many delicious new ways of preparing foods that my family loves. We don’t feel deprived because of our “limitations” due to foods we can’t eat, rather we see it a fun challenge to implement new ways to enjoy the core nutrition our bodies need for health and vitality.
“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” I Corinthians 6:19-20
“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” I Corinthians 10:31
One thought on “Gluten Free Protein Pancakes”
Another gluten free and dairy free pancake can be made with two eggs blended with a banana! We make those all the time.