“Thanksgiving is a day of national mourning.” For decades, activists on the Left have made attempts to turn Thanksgiving into a time of national guilt rather than a day for national gratefulness. So what’s the truth? Do we have reason to celebrate this Thanksgiving? Today I’ll be talking about the history of Thanksgiving and pausing to celebrate the providence and provision of God on our nation. We have reason—many reasons, in fact, to be thankful.
Watch the podcast on YouTube
Join us at MomStrong International! We have two memberships: Scripture Writing Membership and Bible Study Membership.
Links to resources mentioned in podcast and other important links
- Medved: Reshaping Thanksgiving into a festival of guilt – MyNorthwest.com
- Thanksgiving Proclamation by Abraham Lincoln
- Lincoln and Thanksgiving: The Origin of an American Holiday | PragerU
- What’s the Truth About the First Thanksgiving? | PragerU
All Things Heidi
- Send in a voice message to the podcast (please let me know if you DO NOT want me to air the audio on air)
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John.
- Subscribed to my newsletter and podcast emails!
- Everywhere you can find me online.
- Shop my Store
- See all events here
- MomStrong International
- Sample Bible Study Week and Cursive Copywork.
- To see the Manuscript of the Copywork and the Scripture Writing schedule, sign up at MomStrong International for a FREE account to gain access!
- Bible Study kicks off the first Monday of each month.
- Scripture Writing kicks off the first day of every month.
- Speaking Requests
- Submit your questions to MailBox Monday
- Essential Oils
- Shop my Amazon Store
- My Books: Becoming MomStrong | MomStrong Bible Study | Prayers for the Battlefield | Bible Promises for Moms | Becoming MomStrong Journal
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John, Inc.
- To give a tax deductible donation with an end of year statement, click here and give to our broader Firmly Planted Family Ministry site.
- You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Write to Heidi:
Heidi St. John
c/o Firmly Planted Family
11100 NE 34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Support this ministry by donating through E-giving. You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Join us at MomStrong International for our newest Bible Study and Scripture Writing!