SEL is coming to your public school. In fact, it’s probably already being implemented. Didn’t know this? There’s a reason for that. Everyone seems to have personal rights today, everyone that is except parents—but the truth is that Parents have more rights than they realize! It’s time for parents to learn about their rights, raise their voices and protect their children! Suzanne Gallagher, Executive Director of Parents Rights in Education is my guest.
Join us at MomStrong International! We have two memberships: Scripture Writing Membership and Bible Study Membership.
Our current study is in the book of Titus: Walk This Way: Living A Rapture Ready Life
Meet The Guest
Suzanne Gallagher’s professional expertise is marketing and marketing management. She has been a corporate executive, and started a successful business Art and Interior Design business, Wall Design Diva in 1994. In addition, she wrote and published two books, The Fine Art of Wall Design, and More Than Prayer And a Vote. Suzanne’s Republican Party leadership experience includes serving as a Delegate and Vice Chair of Washington County, and Oregon Republican Party Chair in 2013. In 2004 she ran for the Oregon House losing by a small margin. No one escapes the reality of life’s challenges. In August of 2011, Suzanne was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. Her treatment included 4 months of aggressive chemotherapy, followed by three surgeries. The loss of hair, finger and toenails were small inconveniences reminding her of the most important priorities as she embarked on the 2012 Senate campaign. Only three weeks aUer the Primary and one week aUer major surgery, she kicked off her general election campaign with a Flash Mob in Director Square, Portland the day aUer the Rose Fes7val Parade. Eighty volunteers participated and it appeared on television news 5 7mes. During the early 1990’s public schools implemented a K-12 health curriculum to “prevent aids.” Included were lessons on condom use for 12 year olds. Suzanne, President of Oregon Eagle Forum, motivated hundreds of people to a_end school board mee7ngs defending Parents’ Rights. She was also a ci7zen lobbyist in our state capitol and trained others to do the same. Why Parents’ Rights In Education? Suzanne joined with U-Choose, an Issues Forum in 2009. She moderated the forms and gave talks about sexuality education in public schools. She met a teacher who wanted to form an organization and encouraged them to call it Parents’ Rights In Education. Later she participated in creating videos which were used to expose the controversial Adolescent Sexuality Conferences held at the Seaside Conference Center. When the group needed a Director in 2018, she volunteered. Suzanne and her husband Jack have been married since 1971. They live in Tigard near their three grown children and eight grandchildren.
Links to resources mentioned in podcast
All Things Heidi
- Heidi St. John for Congress email@example.com
- Send in a voice message to the podcast (please let me know if you DO NOT want me to air the audio on air)
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John.
- Subscribed to my newsletter and podcast emails!
- Everywhere you can find me online.
- Shop my Store
- See all events here
- MomStrong International
- Sample Bible Study Week and Cursive Copywork.
- To see the Manuscript of the Copywork and the Scripture Writing schedule, sign up at MomStrong International for a FREE account to gain access!
- Bible Study kicks off the first Monday of each month.
- Scripture Writing kicks off the first day of every month.
- Speaking Requests
- Submit your questions to MailBox Monday
- Essential Oils
- Shop my Amazon Store
- My Books: Becoming MomStrong | MomStrong Bible Study | Prayers for the Battlefield | Bible Promises for Moms | Becoming MomStrong Journal
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John, Inc.
- To give a tax deductible donation with an end of year statement, click here and give to our broader Firmly Planted Family Ministry site.
- You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Write to Heidi:
Heidi St. John
c/o Firmly Planted Family
11100 NE 34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Support this ministry by donating through E-giving. You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Join us at MomStrong International for our newest Bible Study and Scripture Writing!