Today, we are airing a favorite from the archives. When I started homeschooling in 1998, I did the only thing I knew how to do: I set up a “real” classroom in our and ordered a million dollars worth of workbooks. (At least it felt that way.) And we did okay … for a while. We were about six months into it when I began to notice that the “life” I had longed for was just not happening with the workbooks. In this replay, I’ll be sharing the discovery that changed the way I homeschooled.
Join us at MomStrong International! We have two memberships: Scripture Writing Membership and Bible Study Membership.
Resources for today’s podcast:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions About Homeschooling
- The Busy Homeschool Mom’s Guide to Daylight: Managing Your Days through the Homeschool Years by Heidi St. John
Do you need encouragement and fresh ideas for your homeschool day? Help is on the way! Tick Tock, Tick Tock… Can you hear it? Are you “burning daylight?” If you have ever experienced a series of days, weeks or even months when you felt like you just could NOT get on top of all you had to do, you are not alone. Juggling homeschooling and homemaking can be challenging—or so we’ve heard! Whether you’re struggling with managing your day, or simply looking for encouragement and fresh ideas for tackling your list of things to do, you will enjoy hearing from the heart of busy homeschool mom of seven, wife and author, Heidi St. John. You’ll laugh out loud, learn some of Heidi’s favorite tips on everything from home organization to meal preparation, and discover how you can homeschool in freedom and joy.
Are you ready to be encouraged? Then join Heidi in discovering that real moms sometimes serve cereal for dinner—and live to write about it!
- Educating the Whole Hearted Child
by Clay and Sally Clarkson Since 1994, Educating the WholeHearted Child has been a trusted guide for thousands of homeschooling families. This extensively revised and expanded third edition provides a solid biblical foundation for educating and nurturing your children’s hearts, minds, and soul.
- Pocketful of Pinecones
Karen Andreola, renowned interpreter of the Charlotte Mason method of education, has written a unique sort of book in the homeschool world. Pocketful of Pinecones is a teacher s guide the nature study cleverly disguised as a heartwarming story written in the form of a mother s diary.
- The Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola
Now you can realize the joy filled homeschool of your dreams! This modern classic is written by the homeschool mom who first carried Charlotte Mason’s writings to America in her suitcase in 1987. Miss Mason’s books were soon republished for a new generation. After ten years of intense study and successful application of Miss Mason s principles with her own children, Karen wrote A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on The Gentle Art of Learning ™. Today’s parents can now see what a Charlotte Mason education looks like in a contemporary setting while gleaning from its many benefits. Charlotte Mason’s principles of education are not only a way of learning but also a way of life. A Charlotte Mason Companion gives you powerful tools to create an extraordinary learning experience. At the turn of every page, you will meet a practical idea and the inspiration to carry it out. Topics on using good books, heroes in history, poetry, art and music appreciation, nature study, the atmosphere of home, the discipline of habit, keeping up enthusiasm, (to name a few) are referred to again and again by Karen s readers. It is one of the most trusted and often quoted books in the home school world since 1998. Plenty of encouragement, wisdom and gentle instruction await you in this beautifully written and beautifully illustrated book. You will not want to loan this one out!
All Things Heidi
- Send in a voice message to the podcast (please let me know if you DO NOT want me to air the audio on air)
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John.
- Subscribed to my newsletter and podcast emails!
- Everywhere you can find me online.
- Shop my Store
- See all events here
- MomStrong International
- Sample Bible Study Week and Cursive Copywork.
- To see the Manuscript of the Copywork and the Scripture Writing schedule, sign up at MomStrong International for a FREE account to gain access!
- Bible Study kicks off the first Monday of each month.
- Scripture Writing kicks off the first day of every month.
- Speaking Requests
- Submit your questions to MailBox Monday
- Essential Oils
- Shop my Amazon Store
- My Books: Becoming MomStrong | MomStrong Bible Study | Prayers for the Battlefield | Bible Promises for Moms | Becoming MomStrong Journal
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John, Inc.
- To give a tax deductible donation with an end of year statement, click here and give to our broader Firmly Planted Family Ministry site.
- You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Write to Heidi:
Heidi St. John
c/o Firmly Planted Family
11100 NE 34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Support this ministry by donating through E-giving. You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Join us at MomStrong International for our newest Bible Study and Scripture Writing!