“Fake news.” We live in a time that tends toward believing that truth is subjective, and that people can have “their truth” instead of asking, like Pilate, “What is truth?” Sadly, some Christians today seem to be comfortable with the false notion that the Bible is like any other book, and that it, too, contains errors.
This is an alarming belief, because it asserts that some of the Bible is true, and some is not.
Further, the notion that “There is truth, but we cannot know it” is driving people away from the concept of absolute truth, and that’s a dangerous place for Christians to be. Why? Because truth matters. God’s Word claims to be truth, in keeping with the character and omniscient nature of God.
In an age of “fake news,” perhaps, we have simply gotten used to being lied to. However, the Bible stands alone without error. This essential doctrine is a cornerstone of the Christian faith. Inerrancy deserves high regard among evangelicals and has rightly earned the status of being essential to the Christian Faith.
Join us at MomStrong International! We have two memberships: Scripture Writing Membership and Bible Study Membership.
Links to resources mentioned in podcast and other important links
- Why is it important to believe in biblical inerrancy? | GotQuestions.org
- What is biblical inerrancy?
- Does the Bible contain errors, contradictions, or discrepancies? | GotQuestions.org
- The Big Book of Bible Difficulties: Clear and Concise Answers from Genesis to Revelation by Norman L. Geisler, Thomas Howe
- Get Powerful Tools for Deeper Bible Study
All Things Heidi
- Send in a voice message to the podcast (please let me know if you DO NOT want me to air the audio on air)
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John.
- Subscribed to my newsletter and podcast emails!
- Everywhere you can find me online.
- Shop my Store
- See all events here
- MomStrong International
- Sample Bible Study Week and Cursive Copywork.
- To see the Manuscript of the Copywork and the Scripture Writing schedule, sign up at MomStrong International for a FREE account to gain access!
- Bible Study kicks off the first Monday of each month.
- Scripture Writing kicks off the first day of every month.
- Speaking Requests
- Submit your questions to MailBox Monday
- Essential Oils
- Shop my Amazon Store
- My Books: Becoming MomStrong | MomStrong Bible Study | Prayers for the Battlefield | Bible Promises for Moms | Becoming MomStrong Journal
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John, Inc.
- To give a tax deductible donation with an end of year statement, click here and give to our broader Firmly Planted Family Ministry site.
- You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Write to Heidi:
Heidi St. John
c/o Firmly Planted Family
11100 NE 34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Support this ministry by donating through E-giving. You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Join us at MomStrong International for our newest Bible Study and Scripture Writing!