Many conservatives are rightly discouraged and even bewildered right now. With a devastating loss in November, the question keeps coming up: what now? Today, attorney Mike Farris, President of the Alliance Defending Freedom joins me with insight and encouragement for the battle ahead. Bottom line: don’t give up!
Join us at MomStrong International! We have two memberships: Scripture Writing Membership and Bible Study Membership.
Our current study is in the book of Titus: Walk This Way: Living A Rapture Ready Life
Meet The Guest
Michael P. Farris is president and CEO of Alliance Defending Freedom. As the second CEO of ADF, he brings to the role a diverse background as an effective litigator, educator, public advocate, and communicator, and is widely recognized for his successful work on both the national and international stage.
Farris was founding president of both the Home School Legal Defense Association
(1983) and Patrick Henry College (2000) and continues to serve as chairman of the
board of HSLDA and chancellor emeritus of PHC.
He graduated from Western Washington State College magna cum laude with a
bachelor’s degree in political science, followed by a Juris Doctor from Gonzaga
University (with honors). He also earned an LL.M. in public international law (with
honors) from the University of London.
Farris has specialized in constitutional appellate litigation. In that capacity, he has
argued before the appellate courts of 13 states, eight federal circuit courts of appeal, and
the U.S. Supreme Court, where in 2018 he successfully argued NIFLA v. Becerra,
resulting in a free speech victory for California’s pro-life pregnancy centers.
Farris has testified many times before both the House and Senate. He was an executive
committee member of the Coalition for the Free Exercise of Religion that successfully
lobbied Congress for the passage of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993. He
also has substantial experience in international religious freedom advocacy.
Farris is the author of over 15 books, as well as law review and other scholarly and
popular articles. He and his wife, Vickie, have 10 children and many grandchildren.
Links to resources mentioned in podcast
All Things Heidi
- Send in a voice message to the podcast (please let me know if you DO NOT want me to air the audio on air)
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John.
- Subscribed to my newsletter and podcast emails!
- Everywhere you can find me online.
- Shop my Store
- See all events here
- MomStrong International
- Sample Bible Study Week and Cursive Copywork.
- To see the Manuscript of the Copywork and the Scripture Writing schedule, sign up at MomStrong International for a FREE account to gain access!
- Bible Study kicks off the first Monday of each month.
- Scripture Writing kicks off the first day of every month.
- Speaking Requests
- Submit your questions to MailBox Monday
- Essential Oils
- Shop my Amazon Store
- My Books: Becoming MomStrong | MomStrong Bible Study | Prayers for the Battlefield | Bible Promises for Moms | Becoming MomStrong Journal
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John, Inc.
- To give a tax deductible donation with an end of year statement, click here and give to our broader Firmly Planted Family Ministry site.
- You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Write to Heidi:
Heidi St. John
c/o Firmly Planted Family
11100 NE 34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Support this ministry by donating through E-giving. You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Join us at MomStrong International for our newest Bible Study and Scripture Writing!