Is yoga harmless? Is it just another form of exercise, or is the strong spiritual component of yoga something Christians should be wary of? Yoga means “to yoke” or to open oneself up and invite in the spirit of yoga. Yoga sutras are a basically a guidebook for divination, which God expressly prohibits in the Bible. Listen in as Jessica Smith makes a strong case for how the poses alone invite spiritual forces into our lives that have no place in the lives of Christ followers. The Bible says, “You shall have no other God’s before Me.” Let’s talk about alternatives to yoga today!
Join us at MomStrong International! We have two memberships: Scripture Writing Membership and Bible Study Membership.
Be sure to check out IEW!
Meet The Guest
A paranormal encounter with a psychic relative convinced Jessica of a spiritual reality outside the bounds of her Christian upbringing, projecting her on an intense quest for spiritual truth. As the mysterious realm of energies and meditation opened before her, she expanded her practice by seeking in–depth training at a Buddhist Center in California, a meditation retreat in South America, and an ashram in India. After a decade of passionately pursing spirituality, she became a certified yoga teacher and a master level Reiki practitioner. Jessica then moved forward with her dream to share these teachings with others, but strange things began to occur. Before her business plan for an instruction center was completed, a terrifying and profound spiritual encounter shattered not only Jessica’s goals, but the very lens through which she viewed the world. Truth was finally found in the one place she had refused to look. She realized the Bible was the only truth and Jesus the only one who could save her from the darkness she had opened herself to.
Since that moment, Jessica has been earnestly following and seeking the Lord Jesus Christ, and searching His Word as the only pure source of truth. Her goal is to reveal the dark spiritual reality behind yoga, meditation, Reiki, and other increasingly popularized New Age practices that are being masked in our culture and deceivingly presented as something they are not.
Links to resources mentioned in podcast and other important items
- Exodus 20:2
- 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
- 1 Corinthians 10:31-33
- 2 Timothy 2:15
- 1 Peter 5:8
- 2 Corinthians 11:3-4
- Ephesians 6:10-12
All Things Heidi
- Heidi’s Bookshelf
- Send in a voice message to the podcast (please let me know if you DO NOT want me to air the audio on air)
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John.
- Subscribed to my newsletter and podcast emails!
- Everywhere you can find me online.
- Shop my Store
- See all events here
- MomStrong International
- Sample Bible Study Week and Cursive Copywork.
- To see the Manuscript of the Copywork and the Scripture Writing schedule, sign up at MomStrong International for a FREE account to gain access!
- Bible Study kicks off the first Monday of each month.
- Scripture Writing kicks off the first day of every month.
- Speaking Requests
- Submit your questions to MailBox Monday
- Essential Oils
- Shop my Amazon Store
- My Books: Becoming MomStrong | MomStrong Bible Study | Prayers for the Battlefield | Bible Promises for Moms | Becoming MomStrong Journal
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John, Inc.
- To give a tax deductible donation with an end of year statement, click here and give to our broader Firmly Planted Family Ministry site.
- You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Write to Heidi:
Heidi St. John
c/o Firmly Planted Family
11100 NE 34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Support this ministry by donating through E-giving. You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Join us at MomStrong International for our newest Bible Study and Scripture Writing!