Last night I needed a super simple, healthy, gluten free meal that was quick to prepare. We were just coming down from the high time demands after talent show week for our kids. Since I direct the choir, and work with small ensembles, this kept me running with extra practices, along with other extras thrown in each day of the week. Consequently, time for planning and preparing meals was pretty much non-existent. Time didn’t allow for a trip to the store, so I began searching our cupboards, freezer, and refrigerator, and gathered some ingredients that seemed like they would compliment each other. In other words, I totally winged it! This was a cooking experience on the fly, so when my family decided they love it and want me to make it again, it was a pleasant surprise. If you need a meal that meats this criteria, you just might like this one.
Cream Cheese Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Tenders (as many as your family will eat)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Salt (Pink Himalayan salt is the best)
- Fresh, ground, pepper
- garlic powder
- Organic No Salt Seasoning (Costco)
- Cream cheese to taste
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil, and add chicken tenders
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and no salt seasoning.
- When the first side is browned, flip the tenders to brown the second side, and cover.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Add cream cheese and stir well.
Serve and enjoy!
Green Bean Tomato Medley
- Frozen or fresh green beans
- One medium onion
- One clove garlic, minced
- Salt (pink)
- Fresh ground pepper
- One tablespoon coconut oil
- Grape or Cherry tomatoes to taste
- In a medium to large size skillet, heat coconut oil
- Add chopped onion, garlic, and seasonings and sauté until translucent.
- Add green beans, stir well, and cover.
- Cook thoroughly for about fifteen minutes, stirring from time to time, until beans are tender, but not overly soft (for frozen beans. Less for fresh).
- Add a handful or two of grape or cherry tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes to warm them.
Serve hot and enjoy a delicious, hot, healthy, gluten free meal with your family! <3