Rick Brattin currently serves as a State Senator for Missouri’s 31st district. Recently, he signed up to run for Congress in Missouri’s 4th Congressional. As a father of five and business owner who lives out his faith in the public arena, Rick is passionate about the need for Christians to jump into the arena of government. Listen in and be inspired!
Join us at MomStrong International! We have two memberships: Scripture Writing Membership and Bible Study Membership.
Meet The Guest
Rick Brattin grew up in Greenwood, Missouri where he graduated from Lee’s Summit High School. After graduating, he joined the United States Marine Corps where he served for six years as a Non-Commissioned Officer.
Rick strongly believes in the value of public service and fighting for our values. He continued this fight in the Missouri State House of Representatives and then the Missouri State Senate. He worked hard on behalf of commonsense, conservative reforms to lower the tax burden, eliminate waste in the budget, and get government out of the way of Missouri’s families and small businesses.
In the Missouri House and Senate, Rick consistently voted for tax cuts on our families and voted against fuel tax increases. Rick is also a proven pro-life champion. He voted for legislation extending the state’s 24-hour abortion waiting period to 72 hours, giving expectant mothers more time to consider life for their child. He also voted for a 2014 bill that would have required parents of minors considering an abortion to receive five days’ notice.
Currently, Rick is owner of a small construction company that has served our community for 15 years. He also tends a 40-acre farm in central Cass County. Rick and his wife, Athena, reside in Harrisonville with their five children. The Brattin Family are devoted Christians and are members of Abundant Life Church in Lee’s Summit.
Links to resources mentioned in podcast and other important links
- Come see me May 19-21 Firm Foundations- Faith, Family, & Freedom Conference (INCH) | Lansing, MI
- Rick Brattin for Congress Website
All Things Heidi
- Heidi’s Bookshelf
- Send in a voice message to the podcast (please let me know if you DO NOT want me to air the audio on air)
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John.
- Subscribed to my newsletter and podcast emails!
- Everywhere you can find me online.
- Shop my Store
- See all events here
- MomStrong International
- Sample Bible Study Week and Cursive Copywork.
- To see the Manuscript of the Copywork and the Scripture Writing schedule, sign up at MomStrong International for a FREE account to gain access!
- Bible Study kicks off the first Monday of each month.
- Scripture Writing kicks off the first day of every month.
- Speaking Requests
- Submit your questions to MailBox Monday
- Essential Oils
- Shop my Amazon Store
- My Books: Becoming MomStrong | MomStrong Bible Study | Prayers for the Battlefield | Bible Promises for Moms | Becoming MomStrong Journal
- Click here to donate a non-tax deductible gift to Heidi St. John, Inc.
- To give a tax deductible donation with an end of year statement, click here and give to our broader Firmly Planted Family Ministry site.
- You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Write to Heidi:
Heidi St. John
c/o Firmly Planted Family
11100 NE 34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Support this ministry by donating through E-giving. You can also send donations to: 11100 NE34th Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682
Join us at MomStrong International for our newest Bible Study and Scripture Writing!